On Sunday 17th June 2018, the AJS MotoTrials Club of WA is hosting the "Scottish" Trial – an Interclub Trial, proudly sponsored by SJS Moto at the Taylor Property.
Camping is available from Saturday but bring all your own requirements and ablutions – PLUS WATER as no water or facilities are available on site.
This event is open to Club Class and A, B, C & Veterans grade riders only, and is an Interclub Event so all trials riders are welcome to ride.
The event is not suited for Sidecars, Black Plate or Intro.
Entry cost: Seniors $25, $15 Juniors riding Club Class or higher grades.
Enter on-line here via Ridernet (at slight discount).
Several years ago the event was considered a tough event for lower grade riders mainly due to the time based penalties imposed as well as marks lost by "footing". Over the last few years, to make the event more enjoyable for all, the traditional "Scottish" format has been slightly modified as follows:
4 or 5 Laps – to be confirmed after set out and depending on conditions
15 sections per lap
Riders set off in pairs at 2 minute intervals with Club Class riders away first, then C, B and A graders in turn.
No time penalties and Stop is allowed – so certainly different than the real SSDT – and we only have One Day.
Compulsory 30 minute break after 2 laps for each rider, no exceptions.
· Scores will be determined on points lost by footing only as for standard trials competitions.
- Easy line option.
- Laps may be reduced on the day, by the Clerk of the Course, subject to course and weather
- There will be a "hard grade" line marked by arrows or flags.
- A Grade riders will ride the hard line in all 15 sections.
- B Grade riders will select any 10 sections to ride the hard line and for the remaining 5
sections can ride the "easy line" (Club Class line). Must do 10 "hard" and 5 "easy" each and
every lap. Can ride all hard lines if they wish.
- C Grade riders will select any 5 sections to ride the hard line and for the remaining 10
sections can ride the easy line. Must do 5 "hard" and 10 "easy" each and every lap. Can ride
all hard lines if they wish.
This format has been an enjoyable competition for all Grades over the last few years and we encourage you all to come along and give the event a try. We look forward to your feedback after the event to see if this format better appeals to the majority of riders and is here to stay.
Self-Scrutineering will be at the sign-in desk but random checks will occur.
Rider briefing at 9:15am.
Come and enjoy a great ride on this picturesque property.
So, "get your feet up" and ride the Scottish.
The property is located on Taylor Rd is Bullsbrook.
- From Great Northern Highway turn into Chittering Rd.
- Turn right into Smith Rd.
- Follow road into Taylor Rd (slight turn right at Y junction).
- After a short distance continue into Taylor Rd (left turn).
- Follow road until you see signs.
Taylor Road Bullsbrook – Approx GPS Location: -31.675700,116.092700.https://goo.gl/maps/3rjo3tcS8kG2 .
When you turn into the property, keep going straight ahead – do not turn left which would take you up to the new house.