Motorcycling WA is Taking proactive steps forward to promote and increase female participation in motorcycling sport across Western Australia as riders, officials, coaches and volunteers.
Please click on links below for more stories on women in the Motorcycle Sports.
Codes of Behaviour
Motorcycling WA and the women’s committee endorse and support the Motorcycling Code of Conduct and the Member Protection Policy respecting the rights of all those engaged in or supporting Motorcycling activity in Western Australia.The MWA Women’s committee are committed to ensuring that women and girls are supported, valued and offered equal opportunity to participate in the sport.
As a member of MA, or a person required to comply with MA’s member protections policy, you must meet the following standards in regard to you conduct. These codes of behavior apply to any activity held or sanctioned by MA and in any role you hold within MA affiliated organisations.
Be aware and act
- With the rules and spirit of motorcycle sport.
- Promote fair play over winning at any cost.
- Encourage and support opportunities for people to learn appropriate behaviours and skills.
- Support opportunities for participation in in all aspects of the sport
- Treat each person as an individual.
- Show respect and courtesy to all involved with the sport.
- Respect the rights and worth of every person,regardless of their age, race, gender, ability,cultural background, sexuality or religion.
- Respect the decisions of officials, coaches and administrators.
- Wherever practical, avoid unaccompanied and unobserved one – on -one activity (when in a supervisory capacity or where a power imbalance exists) with people under the age of 18.
- Display appropriate and responsible behaviour in all interactions.
- Display responsible behaviour in relation to alcohol and other drugs.
- Act with integrity and objectivity, and accept responsibility for your decisions and actions.
- Ensure your decisions and actions contribute to a safe environment.
- Ensure your decisions and actions contribute to a harassment free environment.
- Do not tolerate abusive, bullying or threatening behaviour.
To view the full MA Protection Policy please click following link MA Protection Policy